If you’ve got an old conservatory with a plastic roof, then you’re probably familiar with the host of common conservatory problems that may arise over time. From leaky roofs and sticky windows to extreme temperatures and condensation, there are quite a few common issues that come with an old conservatory. Many homeowners just don’t know what to do with an old conservatory or how to transform it into a functional home extension. Here at Supercraft Windows, we have put together a few of our top tips for transforming your conservatory in 2021.
- Beware of low prices. If one quote is much lower than the rest, you may be inadvertently buying a Clad-over roof. If you’re unsure about the price, ask for more details about the roof construction.
- Be sure to compare roof weight, U-Values, and wind and snow load tolerances.
- When you install a solid roof, it’s important to design in-glass panels within your solid roof. This ensures your new room is bright, as well as warm and cosy during the cooler months.
- Always ask to see a copy of your building regulations conformance certificate BEFORE the build starts. You will need this if you ever sell your house.
- When you book your installation, plan to be at home, be vigilant and ensure all beams and bars are removed BEFORE any materials are added.
- Before booking an installation, do your research. Look for accreditations, endorsements and reviews.
- Make sure you’re covered. Ensure your roof and the installation are both guaranteed and that the guarantees are backed by quality insurance.