We’ve had many questions about what an energy efficient door is and how it helps.
Even if your current door has some life left in it, replacing it with an energy efficient door can have valuable benefits, including less energy consumption, style, security, and a positive impact on your home’s value. If you’re looking to make your home greener and more energy efficient, we’ve got you covered.
Why is my door less energy efficient?
There are numerous factors involved, and these include:
- Old, worn-out doors
- Doors that aren’t properly insulated
- Doors that have not been fitted or sealed properly
How do energy efficient doors benefit your home?
The right door for your home delivers superior performance and energy efficiency, without compromising on style and security. An energy efficient door is generally manufactured from specially chosen materials including a solid timber core and often comes in a variety of designs and colours, meaning you can find a variety of styles and materials in energy efficient front doors that could lower your energy bill and still look great. Here are the primary benefits of an energy efficient door:
• Lower energy costs. An energy efficient door will prevent warm air from leaving your property while also stopping cold air from entering. This means your home will stay warm in winter and cool in summer, as well as look its best and perform at optimum levels for many years to come.
• Protect your home from the elements. Energy efficient doors do more than keep drafts down. They also keep out moisture that can lead to the growth of mould, as well as keep insects and pests out of your home.
• Reduces your carbon footprint. An energy efficient door lowers your carbon footprint as you use less energy maintaining a warm–or cool–home throughout the year.
• Longer lasting. Most composite doors are thermally efficient, meaning they are resilient to water ingress that would cause warping, rotting and bowing. An energy efficient composite door will stay looking its best for longer and you won’t have to worry about replacing it any time soon.
Design Your Perfect Door
Our Supercraft Door Designer offers a simple-to-follow step-by-step process, enabling you to design your ideal composite door and see how it looks on your home. Alternatively, contact one of our experts to get started.
If you experience any difficulty using the below Door Designer, please click here for a compatible option.